- 6 Dec 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 12 06-12-19
- 2 Dec 19: Information on Flu-like Illnesses
- 29 Nov 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 11 29-11-19
- 22 Nov 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 10 22-11-19
- 15 Nov 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 9 15-11-19
- 13 Nov 19: Christmas Lunch Menus and Forms
- 8 Nov 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 8 08-11-19
- 25 Oct 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 7 25-10-19
- 18 Oct 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 6 18-10-19
- 11 Oct 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 5 11-10-19
- 4 Oct 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 4 04-10-19
- 27 Sep 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 3 27-9-19
- 20 Sep 19: Autumn Term Newsletter 2 20-09-19
- 19 Sep 19: Health Screening in Reception
- 18 Sep 19: Flu Immunisation Letter 2019
- 13 Sep 19: Year Group Newsletters
- 6 Sep 19: Autumn Newsletter 1 06-09-19
- 19 Jul 19: Summer Term Newsletter 9 19-07-19
- 16 Jul 19: Mr Mortimer
- 5 Jul 19: Summer Term Newsletter 8 05-07-19
- 28 Jun 19: Summer Term Newsletter 7 28-06-19
- 21 Jun 19: Summer Term Newsletter 6 210619
- 14 Jun 19: Summer Term Newsletter 5 14-06-19
- 7 Jun 19: Summer Term Newsletter 4 07-06-19
- 3 Jun 19: Summer Term Newsletter 3 24-05-19
- 17 May 19: Summer Term Newsletter 2 200519
- 3 May 19: Summer Term Newsletter 1 03-05-19
- 12 Apr 19: Spring Term Newsletter 13 12-04-19
- 5 Apr 19: Spring Term Newsletter 12 05-04-19
- 29 Mar 19: Spring Term Newsletter 11 - 29-03-19
- View archived news items
- Subscribe to our news as an RSS feed
PE & Sport Premium
Federation of Holy Trinity CE Schools
Physical Education (PE) & Sport Premium
The government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum since academic year 2013/14, to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – has been allocated to primary schools. In October 2017 the Government confirmed that they would be doubling the amount allocated to each school, which was allocated for the financial year 17/18 and this has again been repeated for 18/19.
At The Federation of Holy Trinity CE Schools, we believe that this additional funding provides us with a brilliant opportunity to improve our provision for PE and sport.
We already provide many opportunities for participation in sport and PE within the curriculum, through clubs and in the many competitions we enter in the local and wider areas. We encourage wide and inclusive participation and we dedicate time to developing our competition calendar. Over time, we have provided a range of sports such as fly-fishing, golf, VX and Bollywood dancing, alongside more traditional sports; there are options for everyone and opportunities such as karate, cycling and multi-sports are currently on the menu.
We aim for wide participation in sport and opportunities for children to try a wide range of different sports for enjoyment as well as to experience involvement in competitive sport. To enhance this, we have proactive links with local sports clubs and many of the children partake in community sporting events. We also hold an annual community sports afternoon where representatives from local clubs provide taster coaching and engagement sessions.
Working alongside Nidderdale High School we have appointed a PE and Sports specialist to work in school 1 day per week. Our teacher, Mr Barrass, works alongside all staff to improve their teaching and learning of PE and sport and their confidence in delivering quality PE. We also use the funding for an additional member of staff in school who raises the profile of sport and is responsible for increasing the amount of time and range of opportunities provided for children to engage in PE and sporting activities.
For the full report for the financial year 18/19 and the action plan for 19/20, please click here.