We are very keen for all children to be back in school as we want children to keep up and not have to keep catching up with their education.
You can really help us by:
- Encouraging and supporting your child's return to school
- Ensuring you phone school before 9:00 if your child is going to be absent and then on each day of absence
- Follow the information on the Covid 19 Response page if absence is Covid related.
We will be following the DfE guidance in relation to attendance:
From the start of the autumn term 2020 pupil attendance will be mandatory and the usual rules on attendance will apply, including:
- parents’ duty to ensure that their child of compulsory school age attends regularly at the school where the child is a registered pupil
- schools’ responsibilities to record attendance and follow up absence
- the ability to issue sanctions, including fixed penalty notices, in line with local authorities’ codes of conduct
- there are some circumstances where pupils cannot attend school due to coronavirus (COVID-19).